Preparing for England, Scotland, and Ireland

  1. Checking the weather report!---Turns out it is going to be cold when we are heading out to the UK. Knowing what we need to pack for helps us pack light even for the cold!
  2. Shopping for the essentials--We had to get some thermal/long johns to wear under our clothes in order to prepare for the cold. Also, wool coats are warm and stylish for traveling around the UK. Ashley has a wool peacoat, but I found one on Ebay for $15! We are also planning on bringing our fuzzy crocs, "mammoth" crocs, which are comfortable and keep our feet nice and toasty!
  3. Buying a travel book---We are catching up on our Rick Steves videos and also grabbed one of his books

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow- that sounds so fun! Have a great time.

Anonymous said...

Ashley and Tanita,

Love your blog! Big Rick Steve's fan myself. One thing I always take with me is a clothesline. I carry 20 feet of P-Cord in a fun color and the Figure 9 rope tightener (http://niteize.com/productdetail.php?category_id=29&product_id=159). It's good for clothesline and you don't have to tie any nots. Real flexible. Good for so many other things too. It's really light weight and it goes on all our camping trips too. Have fun! I'll miss seeing you around.

Shane

W. Ashley said...

I could of used that clothes line in Indonesia! I had to hang my wet clothes from a stranded nail in the wall. thanks shane